What is SEO about?
Well, coming to this post I assume you are in need of the basics for SEO tips. SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the process followed to get traffic from search engines. This traffic can be free, organic, editorials, or just random search results. The higher your website is listed, the more visitor will have a chance to see it. Therefore, with the help of techniques, SEO helps you to rank your website higher in search engine results pages or SERPs.
There are 4 Types of SEO
For this post, we will only touch base. More details will be discussed in a follow-up.
On-page or On-site SEO, is the SEO activity directly related to the page on your site. These include meta title, keyword, and description, headers, content and images.
Off-page SEO refers to the activities outside your website. These include competitor research and analysis, guest blogging, internet ads, and marketing to mention a few examples.
Technical SEO focuses on great user experience. This is the result of healthy web vitals, in other words, optimizing your website for easy navigation and ease of use.
Local SEO is a descriptive term. The main idea is to rank your website in a specific state, city or town.
So Why the 7 SEO Tips?
For the moment you need Google to rank your website and you want to get visitors from all over the internet… or at least viewers interested in what you offer. Google can find a visitor’s exact search result and now you have to make sure it will be your website. You can start with your content. If your website content is SEO optimized, you will have a better chance. Let’s dive in and see what you have to look at:
You need to analyze your website. Do a proper audit of your status quo and determine your content need.
Do content research and then create some great content keeping your reader in mind. This will contribute to making it easier for Google to find your website.
Good content structure makes it easier to understand your message. Use H1 headings, bold text, and anchor text to enhance your content and structure.
Links in your site... internal, outbound, or backlinks, always play an important role. Make sure all links are high quality and when from outside websites, make sure they have higher rankings.
Keywords are linked to your service or product and must be visible in your SEO meta content as well as your site's page titles, H1 headers, content, and image meta.
Google penalises duplicated content. Check your website for duplicated content and make sure you remove it.
All page URLs should contain the relevant keyword for that page.
What is the purpose of these 7 SEO Tips for better ranking?
If you feel overwhelmed by this information, well join the club (been there). The purpose of this post is to help you to get a starting point. If you follow these 7 tips, you are on your way:
- Website Audit. Run an audit on your site and determine if your content needs a proper update.
- Write Your Content. Do the necessary content research and create fresh content, keeping the reader in mind at all times. This will also help Google to understand your content better.
- Add Content Structure. Good structure makes your content clear and understandable for both the reader and Google. Make sure your use the elements prescribed for this purpose.
- Links in Your Site. There are 3 types of links to keep in mind. They are internal, outbound and backlinks. Keep your links clear and when linking to other sites, make sure they are sites with good ranking. The same for backlinks.
- Keywords. They are the messengers telling the search engines what your site is about. Make sure you have your keywords in your meta information and site content.
- Duplicated Content. Avoid duplication at all times.
- Page URLs. There’s a lot to keep in mind with URLs… not too long, not too short but one of the most important factors is it must contain your keyword.
Wish you the best with your next project. If you feel overwhelmed and need some assistance, do not hesitate to drop us an email. We can always discuss on how we can jump in on the sideline to assist you.
Stay in contact for more detailed information on SEO.